Short explanation: for my #hairchallenge
, I’ve been trying out different hair styles, and I needed practice drawing hair! Although I don’t look really look like her but my hair is the same color and that is pretty close to some of my jewelry. I just drew a stereotypical disney face and went at practicing with some brushes
and procrastinated other pieces I was supposed to be working on
I’ve been trying to figure out how to do my hair, since I’ve never been able to grasp it beyond a braid kinda. And I was gonna take pics to document the whole thing, like a hair challenge, but it turns out I am not gifted yet in the art of selfies, so I’ll just draw them. Here’s the link to the youtube tutorials and also my reviews. I fell behind this week! I'll have to work hard to crank out an extra Har this week oh well
1. Bubble buns
- I DID PRINCESS JASMINE HAIR LOOK AT ME. Only cons: you have to rat it. Also when you rat hair it must be dry. Pros: But look how good it came out! It was a little “”boho”” by the time I was done, but it held up all day and was super cute.
2. Five Strand Braid
- as I move to the end of the braid series, I’m trying to get the more complicated ones (I guess). This one was - not complicated. Also, it looks best as 1 braid - the pattern gets lost on 2. I think people just looked at it and saw a normal braid, plus it won’t lay as flat, which makes it look like a tube braid, but not in a good way. It just loses the pattern, trust me. But it’s easy and fast, and would look AMAZING as a french braid!
3. Twisted crown/wreath/halo braid
- remember how I said on the last Har that the crown braid is impossible to achieve on your own? Well I was wrong. This is the rope version! It’s a little hard - and would DEFINITELY look better if someone helped - but came out great. Did I pull out a ton of hair and start over 7 times? Yes. Did I also get a ton of compliments AND called an evil german witch queen? Also yes.
4. Four Strand Waterfall
- This looked awesome! Unfortunately kinda hard to do on oneself - there is a 3 strand version of this but I think the 4 strand holds the braid together better. Anyways, I got tons of compliments. People called me Ariel and Mermaid, and then one fool called me Norma from OITNB, though I still don’t know why. I obviously looked like a beautiful mer-alien, and if I am Norma, I’m sure as heck TOAST Norma, the Supreme.
5. Supah Haux
- A faux hawk!? for real!? Yup. I’ve been wanting to do this a while. It - It KIND OF worked - but it’s easier to do on someone else for sure. I think after probably a lot of practice it would be easy to do on yourself, but you have to rat SO MUCH HAIR I would only recommend this as like a special occasion thing. Also, I decided to not do a lil pompadour in the front, like the tutorial suggested, because I really wanted a full on hawk, but that may have been a mistake - in the end I had a rather egg shaped head as a result. Also, I got very mad for being late. Sigh.
6. ELSA HAIR
- I literally waited the entire braid series to do this. I have held off cutting my hair to do this. This has been the only highlight of me not being able to afford getting my hair done. I have saved and waited till the end to prefect this braid. Here it is. It’s a normal 3 strand, but man did I put work into this. I LOOKED AMAZING AND ABSOLUTELY NO ONE CALLED ME ELSA AT ALL B/C THEY’RE NON-DISNEY FOOLS jk they actually call me Elsa all the time cause of all my braids but on the ONE day I ESP looked like her NO ONE SAID ANYTHING. Fools.
LOOK I DID A DISNEY WEEK that would actually be fun NO NO FOCUS DO NOT DO THAT maybe tho eventually FOCUS it's 2:30 I can't